Saturday, July 02, 2005

Progress

Hi everyone again!

A summary of the last week's work...editing wind sounds and hit sounds - now have 42 hit sounds in different categories! That may sound excessive but there are two collisions per 'play' (each choice of Rock, Paper or Scissors that you make) so they'd quickly become annoying otherwise. I don't want the you, the future players of our game, to be annoyed with it!

Also I've been planning the main game cycle in something called a Finite State Machine (FSM). The author tries to be funny when talking about the turnstile. The diagram is rather complicated unfortunately but if I need to change something about the game then it'll be _much_ easier than before! Yeah!

I'll post some screenshots when it's working again; it's not working at the moment because I'm taking out the rusty old prototype stuff and putting in my shiny new FSM :-) It may take a while...but I'll be back...

Since it's now the holidays, when Joe comes round we can re-record some of the old voices because I've now got a great, and FREE audio editing program called Audacity. That's infinitely cheaper than the $245.57 (VAT incl lol) Adobe Audition!!

I've tried not to use any jargon except FSM which I gave a link to...please tell me if I failed!

See ya...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home