Sunday, September 04, 2005

Anyone can comment now!

I found a setting for commenting - so comment away!

I might need to explain how Rock Paper Scissors works...
The face on the left (scroll down to the picture because I'm not duplicating it up here) is you and the one on the right is the computer.
You choose whether to play rock, paper or scissors (the choosing mechanism not finished)
The hands bob up and down as in real life, then fly toward each other. The losing hand disappears (at the moment just fades but once the game is in a stable state, I could make things explode) and the winning hand continues on to hit the loser face. If there's a draw the both hand disappear without any face being hit. And of course this is all real physics, making the game as realistic as possible, while having spherical faces with hands floating in midair :D Aren't games just great!
Then you carry on playing until you get bored, but when I get up to it, I'll put games in, so you would probably play 3 times and start a new game.

Please comment!

5 Comments:

Anonymous Keshi said...

Hey Andrew,

I dont know what rock and scissors mean. Does not sound like an interesting game. But let me tell ya! I am more interesting than any rock that is out there in this world!! lollls!
OKAYY!rock , paper and scissors! aha ..thats the game we played in school and I always outsmarted everyone..You may like to check this link out http://www.rockpapersaddam.com/ hehhee it is funny indeed.

Why dont you visit the latest hotspot which is my blog where I talk mostly about myself and expect praises from all my blog mates. lolls! am not kidding..hehe..and if you want to join my 000nie club, you have to write 99 facts about urself only then you can become a full fledged and000nie. ..and you are assured that you wont ever say "please comment" instead you will find couple of droppings from me always!

But since I like you, I will start calling you and000nie...sssshhh! keep it a secret or my 000nie friends will start bugging ya matey! lols!

***I found a setting for commenting - so comment away!
sure you deserve to get a comment after you possess such a wonderful blog.You write well too mate.And btw only few guys are privileged to get a compliment from Keshi...

Make sure you visit my blog and comment!

GOD BLESS and HUGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGZ!

Keshi aka k000kie

2:19 PM  
Blogger Keshi said...

The above comment is from an ass that got kicked by me...now he's pretending to be cos he loves to be me u see....wut a sissy boi.

Keshi.

5:23 PM  
Blogger Jake said...

Hi could you send me the game please?

10:04 AM  
Blogger Andrew said...

Thanks for your interest, but can I send it to you?...hmmm

It's 150MB (mostly cubemaps - I'll have to cut the rubbish ones because of the size and them being rubbish)

Also, I want to rewrite the core rendering thingymajig because it's about 2 years old and I want to make sure that it will run on as many computers as possible.

Need to make the bloom/glow effect optional so your computer can still run the game if it doesn't support the glow.

The hands need to go into the rock/paper/scissor shapes - the reason that I haven't animated them yet is because I've got two potential hand models and need to decide on which one to use before spending lots of time animating one of them. I'll have to decide with Joe Hedinger, who had the game concept.

It'll probably be a few months with all this AS work, sorry.

2:41 AM  
Blogger Andrew said...

I think the time's messed up here - it is NOT 2am, it's 10:40!

2:42 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home